Monday, September 12, 2005

Another Week

Last week was very good to me. Melissa got into town finally. I saw my first European football match in person. Had another good week of classes, and saw a really cool castle.

A little more detail on those. Melissa got in on Tuesday, she had two ridiculously heavy bags, but luckily the apartment is only 5 blocks or so away from the bus station. It took her most of the week to adjust to Spanish time. By Spanish time I mean not just the 9 hour time difference between Seattle and here, but also the completely different schedule people have here. Eight in the morning is like six in the morning in Seattle. Dinner is had at 10 at night, and you can do business until then. Although nothing gets done between 2 and 4. It is considered the afternoon until 8pm. Basically whenever you are hungry nothing is open....

Went to the big Valencia versus Real Zaragoza football match last night. It was great. The home fans were singing a good portion of the time, and Zaragoza played very well, Valencia got a break away goal in the 85th minute to make it a 2-2 draw. I bought a Real Zaragoza jersey before the match, but apparently a bought the wrong one somehow, since nobody else at the stadium was wearing the same one as me.

Classes are still going well, have started on some good group projects. Hard to explain but much easier then explaining what I did at Virage.

Pictures of Melissa and my trip to the castle are below, it was a very interesting place both in terms of architecture and history. I also showed her Pilar. We both can't wait for the big Pilar festival in early October.

I'll try to write again soon. Feel free to leave comments, especially family and friends.

-Jon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home